Let the Children live!
This is a fund-raising recording for El Hogar de Amor y Esperanza and Project Micah, street children's projects in Honduras, Central America. It is made by professional and amateur musicians in Bristol UK, all performing gratis and all profits going directly to benefit the children.
The recording includes spoken information about street children, and we are indebted to Casa Alianza for their permission to use recent information published on their internet website.
We hope you enjoy the music and visit the various websites advertised in the CD insert to find out more about the sad plight of abandoned, abused, addicted street children in Central America, and the noble help being given to them on scant resources.
This recording celebrates the street children's potential and tries to help them achieve it. Thank you for your kind support. It is very much appreciated.
'Cantilena' - adult mixed choir
'Duende - Latin American duo
Jonathan Price - organ, piano
Josephine Reece - piano
Mary Yates - oboe, recorder, speaker
Rosalyn Hodson - conductor, piano
Salvation Army Children's Choir - Bristol Citadel
Yolanda Vidal - speaker, soprano
1. Introduction ~ Yolanda Vidal
2. 'Eleanor Rigby' arr. Duende ~ Duende
3. 'When the Stars Fall' arr. Hatfield ~ Cantilena
4. 'Little Polly Flinders', J M Diack ~ Cantilena
5. 'Linden Lea', R Vaughan Williams ~ Cantilena
6. 'Rise 'n' Shine', H Oxley ~ Cantilena
7-9. 4 Rustic Sketches for oboe and piano, David Silk ~ Mary Yates, Josephine Reece
10. 'Tiento de primo tono de mano derecha' for organ, Pablo Bruna ~ Jonathan Price
11-13. 3 Spanish songs, Vivés, Chapí, Turina ~ Yolanda Vidal, Rosalyn Hodson
14. 'South American dances' for recorder and piano ed. Bergmann ~ Mary Yates, Jonathan Price
15. 'Nostalgia del pirai' ~ Duende
16. More information in brief ~ Mary Yates
17. 'Cueca de los Canarios' ~ Duende
18. 'Hallelujah, Salvation and Glory', Blythe ~ The Singing Company, Central Bristol Salvation Army Citadel
Recordings made by Andrew Stephen at:
Long Ashton Parish Church
Christchurch Broad St Parish Church
Frenchay Parish Church
Bristol Salvation Army Citadel
UK: £6.00 per copy inc. P&P
Europe: £8.00 per copy inc. P&P
Rest of world: £10.00 per copy inc. P&P
To order please send a cheque or postal order - if possible in UK pounds sterling - made out to 'The Friends of El Hogar' to the following address:
14 Barns Close
Tel: +44 (0) 1275 810126
Email: Click here